The market-leading consolidated, annotated version of the federal Income Tax Act in Canada
Editor: David M. Sherman, B.A., LL.B., LL.M.
Practitioner's Income Tax Act (PITA) is the market-leading consolidated, annotated version of Canada's federal Income Tax Act and Regulations. More than any other published Income Tax Act, it's a comprehensive resource, with expert insights, detailed annotations and updated amendments – all in a portable, single-volume format. It also features extensive tax rate tables and the full text of the Canada-U.S. and Canada-U.K. Tax treaties with detailed annotations and explanations.
- Enactment of S.C. 2018, c. 12 (Bill C-74, Royal Assent June 21, 2018): certain Budget 2018 tax measures and proposals of Sept. 8, 2017; Oct. 24, 2017; and Dec. 13, 2017
- Feb. 27, 2018 Federal Budget Notice of Ways and Means Motion: extensive proposed amendments and Budget Supplementary Information excerpts
- May 28, 2018 Finance news release/backgrounder: Multilateral Instrument in Respect of Tax Conventions Act (Bill C-82) (ITA s. 95)
- April 13, 2018 Finance news release and backgrounder: Canada Child Benefit (ITA 122.61(1))
- Promulgated regulations: 2014–2016 livestock deferrals (Reg. 7305.01), 2017 motor vehicle expenses and benefits (Reg. 7305.1)
- Feb. 6, 2018 Agriculture Canada news release: 2017 tax relief for livestock producers
- New Department of Finance comfort letters, Remission Orders, and government news releases indicating possible legislative amendments
- Print + eCurrency
- Print + eCurrency + DVD
- Print + eCurrency + Thomson Reuters ProView
- Print + DVD + Thomson Reuters ProView
- Print + eCurrency + DVD + Thomson Reuters ProView
- Thomson Reuters ProView + eCurrency
Call to order
Call us at 1-800-387-5164 to ask about any combination of the following formats, or learn more about the Practitioner's Income Tax Act at store.thomsonreuters.ca/pita.
- eCurrency updates and McCarthy Tétrault's CanadaTax Service Quick Reference Guide provided free to print customers requesting to be placed on standing order subscription (automatic shipment of new editions/supplements)